Terra Dotta is your student immigration portal at UW-Madison. All F-1 and J-1 international students gain access to Terra Dotta after they have been fully admitted by their admissions office. Students maintain Terra Dotta access up to 48 months from their date of last enrollment at UW-Madison.
Terra Dotta does:
- Give you access to your own student immigration portal using your NetID and password
- Allow you to monitor your immigration status with easy visibility
- Streamline your immigration-related documents and requests in one online system
- Replace most ISS paper request forms
- Utilize a checkmark system to make it easy for you to submit a completed request to ISS
- Allow you to request electronic signatures on requests that require your advisor or employer verification
- Automate email and SMS messages regarding your immigration status and store those messages in your student portal
- State important alerts and reminders when you log in
Terra Dotta does NOT:
- Replace the ISS website- we will still update important information at iss.wisc.edu, including how to submit your requests in Terra Dotta
- Integrate with Starfish
Information for Admitted Students
Before you can login to Terra Dotta–
- Undergraduate Students– must be fully admitted and confirm enrollment deposit. Contact the Office of Admissions & Recruitment with additional questions.
- Graduate Students– must be fully admitted by the Graduate Admissions Office (not only your department). Contact your graduate program coordinator or Graduate Admissions with additional questions.
- Professional Students– must be fully admitted by your professional program admissions office. Contact your professional program admissions office with additional questions.
- Visiting and Special Students– must be fully admitted by Division of Continuing studies. Contact Division of Continuing Studies with additional questions.
- If you continue to experience login issues, contact your admissions office to confirm:
- You are in admitted or matriculated status in the Student Information System.
- Your visa permit information is F-1 or J-1 with issuing authority “UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN-MADISON”
- Your citizenship information has 2 rows (USA=”alien”; Enter country of citizenship on passport=”citizen” or “native”)
|2||Undergraduate Student||Office of Undergraduate Admissions & Recruitment|
|3||Graduate Student||Graduate Admissions Office|
|4||Wisconsin School of Business Graduate Student||Graduate Admissions Office|
|5||Law School||International Student Services|
|6||School of Medicine and Public Health||International Student Services|
|7||School of Pharmacy||International Student Services|
|8||Veterinary Medicine||International Student Services|
|9||Visiting International Student||Visiting International Student Program|
|10||Special/Non-degree Students||Visiting International Student Program|
|11||English as a Second Language (ESL)||International Student Services|
Updates are made frequently in Terra Dotta to improve the student experience. Some elements may look different.