Career planning is an important part of your academics at UW-Madison, whether you wish to gain work experience in the U.S., back home, or in another country. It’s never too early to start mapping your career path. We encourage you to take advantage of the career services offices on campus.
UW-Madison career services offices are staffed with professionals to assist you in many areas, including:
- Career exploration
- Identify employment skills and strengths
- Résumé development and review
- Cover letter writing and review
- Job search strategies
- How to maximize your network
- Informational interviews
- Interview preparation
- Job offer negotiation
- Maximize your Handshake profile and search strategies
- Navigating the career fairs
- And much more, including workshops, employer relations, and internship course offerings
This document includes multiple online career resources.