International Student Services (ISS) is adopting a caseload model! This means that we’re changing the way we advise to better serve you and help our campus partners understand the nuances of your F-1 and J-1 visas.
What is the caseload model?
- Each of you will have a specific advisor assigned to you based on your college or major. This advisor will connect to advisors within your college to help you meet deadlines for processing Curricular Practical Training (CPT), Optional Practical Training (OPT), and other requests much better.
- This advisor will not process all of your paperwork. Do not email them to check the status of your request. You can check the status of your application in Terra Dotta. We currently have a 15-business day processing time. This may vary. Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee faster processing as we roll out this caseload model.
- You may have additional presentations and walk-in advising available at your college. Your advisor may provide additional support about important topics like CPT and OPT. We encourage you to utilize these opportunities as they will speak more directly to your college and experience.
- We will provide more direct communications to you. Your advisor will send you emails through Terra Dotta with information about enrollment requirements, deadlines to apply for different immigration requests, and websites to view as you prepare for your request.
- Please use our website. The ISS website is our advising resource available to you 24 hours a day. We update it frequently with information related to your immigration status due to the COVID-19 pandemic, and we edit pages to encourage stronger understanding.
We understand that the requirements for F-1 and J-1 students can be difficult to navigate. We are here for you and are excited to improve our service to you through this new caseload model.