A message to our Global Badger community from International Student Services (ISS) –
April is a very busy month for ISS and we know that you are busy, too. We are working as quickly as possible to accurately process immigration update requests, advise students one-on-one, and respond to our campus colleagues.
Help us help you!
- Search iss.wisc.edu before seeking advising services. Many questions are answered on our website! Some common topics are: Curricular Practical Training (CPT), Optional Practical Training (OPT), Program Extension, Program Completion Options, and Reduced Course Load (RCL).
- Peer advisors –your fellow students– answer the phone for ISS. Treat them with kindness and respect.
- Do not utilize multiple advising services (Information Request, drop-in advising, phone) without giving ISS time to respond. We will respond within 1-5 working days. Complicated questions may be referred to ISS drop-in advising or take longer to provide a response.
- If your application says, “submitted under review by assigned advisor,” it means that an ISS advisor is reviewing and processing your request. It may not be your exact assigned advisor! Your request will be reviewed and processed. You do not need to come to drop-in advising or call ISS to confirm.
- If your application is missing information required for an ISS advisor to review the request, an ISS peer advisor will notify you to correct the information and resubmit your application.
Did you know?
- ISS serves over 6,200 current students, over 1,100 alumni on post-completion employment authorization and several hundreds of incoming students receiving admissions decisions for next year.
- We see an average of 40 students each ISS drop-in advising session offered. About 25 students sign up in the first five minutes.
- ISS has 962 pending immigration document requests submitted under review, as of today.
- ISS advisors have processed 317 requests this week and 194 requests between April 11-15.
- It takes an ISS advisor approximately 20 minutes to review and process each request.
- Six ISS advisors provide F/J immigration advice, respond to Information Requests, and process immigration document requests. Two SEVIS Specialists process all incoming student immigration requests. One SEVIS Specialist processes all Change of Education Level and Change of Major updates.
We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work to accurately and timely meet the needs of our students and campus partners, while also taking care of each other.
Samantha, on behalf of ISS