This fall, ISS is happy to announce that we have advising appointments available! These appointments allow international students a chance to schedule ahead to meet with an advisor outside of scheduled walk-in advising times. Also, phone appointments can be scheduled for students residing out of Madison.
Appointments are offered for 20 minutes, Monday through Friday and can be scheduled through a student’s TerraDotta portal in MyUW. We encourage students hoping to apply for OPT, CPT, AT to schedule an appointment as you may need the time allowed during an appointment.
To make an appointment with an ISS Advisor, follow the steps below:
- Click on the TerraDotta “Home” button on the top left of the web page.
- Scroll down from “Home” Button to “Staff” and click.
- Scroll down the page to “International Student Services.”
- Click on the name of an advisor who you would like to meet with. A form will come up.
- Type the subject of the appointment in the subject line (i.e. OPT questions, “I want to learn about CPT”; or “travel questions).
- Click the blue text that reads “Click to Request an Appointment.”
- Select a time for your appointment by clicking a specific available time slot in the window.
- Add any additional message you need to share with the advisor. (Note: if you are scheduling a phone appointment, please include your phone number.)
- Click “send.”
You should receive an email within a few minutes confirming your appointment. If you do not receive confirmation, you may want to try to set the appointment again.
Students, dependents, and others who do not have F1 or J1 visas with UW-Madison do not currently have TerraDotta profiles. We welcome these individuals to continue to visit us for walk-in advising hours or to visit our front desk to schedule a special appointment.
Thanks! We look forward to meeting with you soon!
International Student Services