On-campus employment is a benefit available to F-1 and J-1 students who are maintaining their visa status. On-campus employment is defined as employment on the University of Wisconsin-Madison campus that provides services to students on campus, or employment at an off-campus location that is educationally affiliated with the university.
On-campus locations and locations that are educationally affiliated with the university are listed in the drop-down menu that follows.
If your job offer is from a different location than those listed below, contact ISS for guidance. You must have approval from ISS before you begin any off-campus employment.
This is an accordion element with a series of buttons that open and close related content panels.
On-campus job locations
- On-campus employment includes work in student unions, libraries, recreational centers, and in academic and administrative departments on the University of Wisconsin-Madison campus.
- Aquatic Sciences Center
- Campus Event Services for UW events at on-campus locations
- Ex.: The Kohl Center, Camp Randall, etc.
- Contemporary Services Corporation (Only on-campus locations)
- Doing security events at the Kohl Center or Camp Randall
- Enrollment Management
- Facilities Planning and Management
- Hillel Center
- Lowell Center
- Private residence halls as listed below:
- The Highlander, The Langdon, Princeton House, The Regent, The Statesider, The Towers, Zoe Bayliss, and Brittingham House
- The University Hospital and Clinics: 600 Highland Avenue only
- The Daily Cardinal
- The Fluno Center
- The Kohl Center
- The Pyle Center
- The Lowell Center
- The JF Fredrick Center
- University Housing and Apartments
- UW Credit Union: Union South location only
- UW System: on-campus locations in Madison and 660 W Washington Avenue Suite 201, Madison, WI, only
- USDA Dairy Forage Research Center: UW-Madison campus location with CALS only
- UW Bookstore: State Street location only
- Waisman Center
- Wisconsin Alumni Association
- Wisconsin Alumni Research Foundation (WARF)
- Wisconsin Institutes for Discovery
- Wisconsin Public Radio
Locations that require authorization
This list is not exhaustive.
- All businesses on State Street
- City of Madison
- Fresh Market
- Madison Metro
- Madison VA Hospital
- Wisconsin Historical Society
- Other University of Wisconsin campuses
- Ex.: UW-Whitewater, UW-Oshkosh, etc.
- UW Clinics: all locations other than 600 Highland Avenue, Madison, WI
- UW Credit Union: all locations other than Union South