Welcome! We are glad you are interested in pursuing study at the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
International Student Services (ISS) serves F-1/J-1 international students once they have been admitted to a program of study. Please direct your questions to the admitting office through which you will apply.
Step 1: Admission
You can find out how to apply at the Admissions website linked below. UW-Madison admits international students through many different offices across campus.
Step 2: Follow steps to become a UW-Madison student!
Once you are admitted, follow our 8 Steps to become a UW-Madison student!
Who serves prospective students like YOU?
TheOffice of Undergraduate Admissionsserves:
- current and graduated high school (secondary school) students seeking to earn a bachelor’s degree (undergraduate student)
- current college/university (tertiary school) students seeking to earn a bachelor’s degree (undergraduate transfer student)
The Graduate Admissions Office serves:
- current and graduated college/university students seeking to earn a master’s or doctoral degree (graduate student)
- Explore our master’s and doctoral degrees
UW–Madison’s professional schools equip you with the in-depth education and real-world experiences you need to excel.
Professional graduate education includes the following:
- students seeking credit that does not earn a UW-Madison degree
- students on a formal exchange program between their current university and UW-Madison
- students seeking a capstone certificate.
- Currently, four of these certificates will provide a F-1 visa for study including: Computer Sciences, Actuarial Science, Communication Sciences & Disorders, and Geographic Information Systems.
- Intensive English as a Second Language (ESL) program