Student, Organization, and Sponsor Expectations
International Student Welcome and Information Fair | August 31, 2018
International Student Services (ISS), University of Wisconsin-Madison
ISS is dedicated to providing educational, friendly, positive, and welcoming experiences. This document clarifies the expectations of students, registered student organizations or sponsors (hereafter referred to as Participants). Failure to abide by these expectations may result in exclusion or expulsion from activities (with no refund when applicable) and/or being banned from future participation.
General Expectations of All Participants
- No Rights to UW Trademarks. Participation in this event does not provide any rights to use names, trademarks or logos of the University. Approval for use of University names, trademarks, and logos must be separately obtained from the University Office of Trademark Licensing, and approval may not be granted or may be conditioned upon a separate licensing agreement.
- Liability. Participant agrees to protect, indemnify and hold harmless the University, its officers, employees, agents and students, from any and all liability, including claims, demands, losses, costs, damages and expenses of every kind and description or damages to persons or property arising out of or in connection with or occurring during the course of this Agreement.
- No Endorsement. Inclusion in ISS activities or communications shall not be construed or represented as an endorsement by University of the Participant or their viewpoints, goods or services.
- Fund raising activities and petitioning are prohibited in any form unless otherwise approved by ISS.
- No person may sell, peddle or solicit for the sale of goods, services, or contributions on any university lands, per UW System policy. This includes signing of service contracts.
- Outside of the exceptions listed below, distribution of promotional materials or giveaways at events are permitted as long it complements the mission and vision of International Student Services and complies with University of Wisconsin–Madison policies and guidelines. International Student Services reserves the right to prohibit the distribution of any promotional materials. Promotion, advertising or samples of the following are always prohibited unless explicitly given permission by ISS:
- Alcoholic beverages and paraphernalia including products such as alcohol, bottle openers, can cozies and non-descripts plastic cups
- Tobacco products or their consumption including tobacco paraphernalia
- Credit cards
- Medicinal or health products
Additional Sponsor Specific Expectations
- Subject to UW Policies. This Agreement, and any Acknowledgment of Sponsorship or marketing and promotional activities of Sponsor that relate the Sponsorship, is subject to all applicable University policies, including the “UW-Madison Sponsorship Policy.”
- No Partnership or Joint Venture. This Agreement does not constitute and shall not be construed as constituting a partnership or joint venture between the parties, and the parties shall be treated as independent contractors in all respects.
- No Assignment. Any sponsorship agreement is specific to the parties, and may not be assigned or sublicensed by a sponsor without the prior written permission of University.
- Controlling Law/Jurisdiction for Disputes. This agreement shall be construed under the laws of the State of Wisconsin, and jurisdiction for any disputes under this agreement shall be in Dane County, Wisconsin.
- Sponsor checks should be made out to “International Student Services.” Credit card payments can be accepted online through our Wisconsin Alumni Association account. Contact ISS below for details.
- Sponsor agrees to notify University at the time of sponsorship payment if it intends to claim a charitable contribution deduction on account of a sponsorship payment, so the University can prepare the appropriate gift receipt.
- Sponsors failing to submit their payment, materials or services by the agreed upon deadline will lose their access to ISS events or promotional materials.
Expectations of Everyone Specific to the ISS Welcome and Information Fair
- Participant must be registered and have their advertisements (if applicable) submitted to ISS by Friday, August 10, 2018. Registrants after this day may not be included in all event publications.
- Participant must check in to the event from 9:15 – 9:45 a.m. Participants must have their tables set up no later than 9:45 a.m. Participant check in will occur at the Pyle Center, 702 Langdon Street. Participant must take down their table displays between 1:00 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- Participant tables will be assigned in a location at the discretion of ISS staff. Tables will not be assigned on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Table displays and/or distributed printed materials must include the student organization or business’ name and contact information.
- Participant tables will be staffed at all times. Participant will remain at their tables and not hand out materials/solicit students in other areas of the event.
- Electrical access is very limited. Please indicate on your form if you would like to request electricity, and what you will be using it for. All extension cords, power strips, or other electrical devices must be provided by the Participant and may not cross pedestrian walking space. In the event that ISS or venue staff deems any electrical use unsafe or possibly not in compliance with applicable codes or building capacity, Participant will immediately discontinue such use.
- The following materials are prohibited at the Participant tables:
- Loudspeakers or sound amplification
- Candles & incense
- Decorative lighting
- Participant will not be able to ship materials either to International Student Services or the Pyle Center prior to or after the event. All materials must be brought with Participant/Sponsor the day of the program. Please plan appropriately to transport any materials without assistance.
Sponsorship that includes advertising in the welcome folders must be printed and cut to size and delivered to ISS no later than Friday, August 10 for the Fall 2018 Semester.
If you have questions about any of these expectations or would like to discuss logistical, please contact Zach Nelson-Houstin in International Student Services at email@example.com or 608-262-9716.