Who Can Apply of OPT
A degree-seeking F-1 student who:
- Has been enrolled full-time for one full academic year
- Academic year = consecutive fall and spring semester enrollment
- Is maintaining valid F-1 status
- Is physically present in the U.S.
- Intends to pursue a practical training or employment opportunity directly related to their major field of study
- Has not been authorized for 365+ days of full-time Curricular Practical Training (CPT) at the same degree level
- Has not been authorized for 12 months of OPT at the same or higher degree level
No job offer is required to apply for OPT.