The University of Wisconsin Armory and Gymnasium, also called “the Red Gym,” is a building on the campus of University of Wisconsin-Madison which houses many student services offices, including International Student services, ISS.
The Red Gym was originally used as a combination gymnasium and armory beginning in 1894. Designed in the Romanesque revival style, it resembles a red brick castle. It is situated on the shores of Lake Mendota, overlooking Library Mall, and adjacent to Memorial Union.
As one of the most beautiful and recognizable buildings on the UW-Madison campus, International Student services, ISS, is proud to call the “Old Red Gym” home.
Interested in learning more? Click any of the above links to read about a particular time peroid.