1) Assembly of International Students (AIS) is open to any international student based associations/clubs/organizations. Only registered (in accordance with the Center for Leadership and Involvement (CFLI) Office) and active University of Wisconsin-Madison international student organizations are eligible to become members of AIS. Individual membership is not granted.
2) Membership status is granted upon submission of formal application.
3) AIS holds meetings on regular basis. Member organizations are responsible to send one permanent representative to attend this council meeting in order to maintain membership status.
Meeting policy for member organizations
1) AIS general member organization meetings are held every week.
2) AIS absence policy is enforced at every general member organization meeting. Please refer to the absence policy.
3) General events that will take place in each general member organization meeting:
3.1) Discussion and information exchange of tentative events by each member organization
3.2) Presentation of funding proposals
3.3) Planning for AIS events
3.4) Disclosure of AIS financial status
4) Absence policy:
4.1.1) After 3 absences, membership status will be void and there will be no funding rights for the group.
4.1.2) A courtesy warning email will be sent to the group after the second absence.
4.1.3) Membership can be obtained again if member group consistently attends 4 general member organization meeting.
Voting policy upon funding applications of member organizations
1) Both collaborative event grant and individual event grant will be voted exclusively within the AIS executive committee board.
AIS Funding Policy
Applicants must be a registered University of Wisconsin Madison international student organization and a member association of AIS
1) Applicants must fill up a formal application form for all grant application.
2) Applicants must submit the grant application (X – number of weeks uncertain until decided upon with Cameron from ISS) weeks in advance of the event date. Failure to do so will result in unsuccessful passing of the grant application.
3) Two types of funding are available:
3.1) Collaborative events grant
3.2) Individual event grant
4) Applicants are allowed to apply for both categories of grants simultaneously but for separate events only.
5) AIS’s board of directors will review funding applications before the applicants can present their proposals to the assembly of member organizations.
6) Events that fall into any of the categories listed below cannot be funded
6.1) Discriminative events on the basis of sex, religion, race or sexual orientation.
6.2) Events that are affiliated to a single political party.
6.3) Events that pose significant risk to the participants.
6.4) Events that fail to open to the campus community.
6.5) Events that violate the university’s Student Code of Conduct policy.
7) Items listed below cannot be funded
7.1) Expenses occurred prior to the approval of the grant application.
7.2) Salary, wages and compensation expenses for the event.
7.3) Alcohol, accommodation, periodicals, ticket, rental fees, travel costs for the event and events that serves alcohol.
8) Applicants are allowed to apply for grants that are scheduled in the future semester, as long as it is in the same academic year.
9) Grants will be given out until funds allocated for the specific semester has been exhausted.
10) Funding approval is decided exclusively by the executive board with the advice of International Student Service (ISS) officers. The decision is final.
11) Successful applicants are ONLY permitted to use AIS funds for the intended purpose as approved. Failure to comply with this regulation might result in tighter review process in future applications.
12) AIS funds receivers are required to submit a post-event financial evaluation to AIS that reports the actual expenses incurred in the event. The extra funds granted will have to be returned to AIS.
13) Successful applicants are required to acknowledge AIS as their sponsor by incorporating the AIS logo in their promotional materials.
14) This funding policy is subject to change with prior notice.